Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Introduction

I'm no expert on wines, but I love the learning process. While on a Personal Discovery Journey to California last week, I made the acquaintance of Charles Shaw wines, a/k/a Two Buck Chuck, and I was totally charmed by it. The shiraz was rich and fruity; the cabernet sauvignon had the requisite buttery finish - I found no fault with either of them. I'd love to see these wines in Texas, but they're a California perk and something to look forward to the next time I'm there.

Speaking of that, I've decided that my next career incarnation (like, NOW) will include the exploration and discovery of delicious, unpretentious and reasonably priced wine. I'm not a millionaire and am not likely to become one unless I win the lottery, so I enjoy the inestimable thrill of a mouthful of fermented grapes from a bottle that doesn't blow my entire monthly food budget.

I'm going to write about what I drink. Should be simple enough, right? All suggestions for my next bottle of wine will be welcomed and given the serious attention that this subject deserves. I prefer red but will give a good white my consideration as long as it's dry. So then, settle back on a bar stool or a comfy chair, and welcome to my virtual wine bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment