Thursday, November 11, 2010

GREAT Tuna Recipe!

I found this on Epicurious.com and tried it last night: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Peppered-Tuna-Skewers-with-Wasabi-Mayonnaise-108936.

This was such a simple recipe that I had to share it (even though it's wine tasting night and we're going to TWO of them on the way home -- woo-hoo!). It helped that I had leftover fried rice from the night before, so all I had to do was cube two tuna steaks, drop the cubes into soy sauce for a little while (I added some juice from the pickled ginger, just because I wanted to), mixed 2 Tablespoons wasabi powder with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of water and added the paste to 1/2 cup mayonnaise (next time I may add a few drops of sesame oil for extra flavor, but it was fine as it was), drained and patted dry the tuna cubes, seasoned them with fresh ground pepper, sauteed them in a wok in a little oil for a couple of minutes, and voilĂ ! dinner was served. The skewers were too much trouble for a family dinner on a taekwondo night, but I'll definitely do it for party appetizers this holiday season. The flavors just popped, and the whole family was impressed (except for Jackson, who doesn't like tuna in general).

I'll wine later.

No comments:

Post a Comment