Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rosé d'Anjou, Friendship, and An Apology


Yes, I'll agree with the experts on the merits of lots of wine but when you get right down to it, it's YOUR palate that has to be pleased, not the Monseigneur of whatever wine tasting club that decides the rating of a bottle.

I love Rosé d'Anjou. It tastes like summer to me, and the rosé from the Loire Valley is somehow lighter and more enjoyable to me than domestic rosés. It might be due to my Francophile tendencies, or because this was the first rosé I ever had -- who knows? It's reliably delicious and brings back lots of nice memories.

Wine and friendships are very similar, if you think about it. Some friendships are like box wine, available when you want to have a good time but shallow and not the sort of person you'd take to a nice dinner party. Other friendships are like a fine Bordeaux that becomes richer and more complex as the years go by, a wine -- and a friend -- to be treasured and appreciated.

I'd like to be a Rosé d'Anjou kind of friend: always reliable, sparkly, and someone who makes good memories for my friends.

Now, the apology goes to Jeff because I'm going to miss another wine tasting at Parker Wine Cellars. I will be whooping it up (in a most dignified fashion, of course, since we're professionals) with fellow members of the Association of Legal Administrators at our Regional Convention on Thursday, so will regretfully miss out on his offering this week, but I will endeavor to post what he's going to serve as soon as I find out what it is so that anyone who wants to take my place and go to the tasting can do so. It's always fun and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment