Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Musings . . .



I love making people smile.  As I was pulling into the train station today, I drove past a woman wearing a t-shirt that said "Best Mom Ever."  I rolled down my window and said, "I'll bet you are, too!" (pointing at her shirt).  After a nanosecond of surprise, she smiled - a happy, wide smile - and laughed as she thanked me.  It was a little gesture, but it spread joy.

I'm no Pollyanna or Glinda The Good Witch (as a coworker once dubbed me).  In fact, I've spent most of this week in a snarly mood due to the realities of the work week.  "I'm too old for this shit" was my mantra, BUT it's FRIDAY, I worked another week to keep the roof over my head and food on the table (and in the basset hound's dish - priorities, people), and my current situation does not define my entire life.

Mohammed Ali once said:  "Impossible is not a fact.  It's an option."  So this morning, on the train, I dusted off my blog and wrote.  I have a lot to say, but putting it down is sometimes difficult due to childhood issues about not revealing my true self for fear of censure.

At age 63, I continue to challenge myself, perhaps with a little more urgency than I used to.  This isn't a trial, this is MY LIFE.  Who do I want to be today?  What do I want to accomplish?

Oh, FYI regarding my last blog:  no thyroid problems, just a virus that settled in my thyroid. It went away and I'm fine.  The diet was revealing, though, so I am paying even more attention to what I eat and how I prepare it.

Now, here's your challenge for today or tomorrow (lookin' at you, procrastinators!):  do or say one thing to make someone smile!  Double points if you smile too!

No comments:

Post a Comment